Here’s the info about the TR-25 from the WA3RNC website:
Here is a compact but powerful 2-band CW transceiver kit that uses no tiny pushbuttons, and without those seemingly endless and hard-to-remember back menus. There is a knob or a switch for every function!
- Size 5 ½ X 3 ¼ X 1 ½ less protrusions, weight 10.6 Oz
- Full band coverage of 40 and 20 meters
- About 10 watts output with a 14 volt power supply
- 5 Watts minimum output with a 10 volt supply
- 4 Watts output with an 9 volt supply
- Optimized for operation from 3 series-connected 18650 Lithium cells
- RIT tunes + and – 5KHz
- Blue OLED display reads frequency to 10 Hz and RIT offset
- Built in Iambic keyer is adjustable 5 to 35 WPM with front panel control
- Separate jacks for straight key and paddles; Always ready for SKCC contacts
- Operates on 9 to 14 volts, < 90ma receive, about 1 Amp Xmitt at 10 volts
- Selectable tuning resolution steps of 10, 100, and 1000Hz
- Low battery indicator with internal adjustment 9 to 12 volts
- Front panel adjustable RF gain control
- Front panel TX power control; Adjustable from 0 to 10 watts (@14V)
- Rugged TO-220 FET RF amp can deliver 5 Watts key down for 5 minutes
- Signal quality blue LED, RIT warning orange LED, Low battery red LED
- More than enough audio to fill any room with an external speaker
- Excellent receiver sensitivity with MDS of -132dBm (0.06 microvolt)
- Very effective receive AGC prevents ear damage with strong signals
- Transmitter harmonics and spurs -58dB, meets FCC specs
- CW sidetone is the actual transmitter signal as heard by receiver
- Match the received signal tone to the sidetone for perfect zero beating
- Sharp IF filter; Better than 300 Hz at the -6dB point, plus 700 Hz audio filter
- Over 200 machine placed SMT parts, and about 55 user installed parts
- All critical circuits are factory pre-aligned and calibrated
- No endless “back menus”; There is a control or switch for every function
- Options include pre-wound toroid coils, precision optical tuning encoder, and complete factory assembly
Price is $250 or you can add pre-wound toroids for $18, a precision optical encoder for $30, or for $310 you can purchase this kit fully assembled and tested. Click here to check it out.
Here’s the info about the TR-45L from the WA3RNC website:
- TR-45L is a 4-band 5-watt CW transceiver covering the 80-75, 40, 30, and 20 meter bands.
- Full band coverage is provided, with the transmitter optimized for the CW band portions.
- The receiver is provided with both narrow and wide band IF filters, and CW and SSB detectors.
- An illuminated front panel meter shows “S” units on receive, and power output (forward or reverse) while transmitting. The meter also will display the battery state of charge.
- A “High SWR” warning indicator will illuminate if the antenna SWR exceeds about 2:1.
- The transmitter power output is adjustable from less than ½ watt to 5 watts with a front panel control.
- RIT is provided to adjust the receive frequency up to + or – 5 KHz from the transmit frequency.
- Two VFOs for each band are provided with recallable memories.
- A built-in keyer is adjustable from about 5 wpm to 35 wpm with a front panel speed control.
- Separate straight key and keyer paddle inputs are provided on the front panel.
- A front panel adjustable sharp notch filter is provided to null out interference.
- A front panel receiver RF gain control is provided.
- Operates from a 12 volt nominal power source requiring up to 1.3 amperes on transmit, and about 130 ma on receive. A front panel power on – off switch is provided.
- Tuning speed is easily settable from 1 Hz to 1 KHz per step.
- A selectable dial lock is available to prevent inadvertent frequency changes.
- There is a knob or switch for every function – no confusing back menus!
- Size 8-1/2” wide, 5” high, 3” deep Weight about 2.8 lb with Internal Batteries
Beta testing is continuing…73 de WA3RNC
No pricing or availability has been noted yet.
I life the look of both of these kits. I love the fact that you can buy pre-wound toroids as this is often one of the more complicated parts when building radios. Also, I’m pleased to see that all SMD components are pre-installed and that all critical circuits are factory pre-aligned and calibrated. That will make this kit accessible to a much larger kit building audience.
Click here to check out the WA3RNC kits!