Since I took delivery of my lab599 Discovery TX-500, one of the most asked questions I’ve received from readers of QRPer.com and my YouTube channel is:
“Which should I buy, Thomas? The KX2 or TX-500–?“
I’ve also been asked which radio is “better” and which one I’d purchase if I could only buy one.
To address these questions, I decided to make a YouTube video where I outline some of the pros and cons of both radios, and compare them in terms of features especially with regard to field use.
Click here to watch my video on YouTube, or use the embedded player below:
In this video, I mention a number of external sites. I’ve included them in the video description, but I’ll also link to them below:
- My original Elecraft KX2 review
- My lab599 Discovery TX-500 review
- The 3rd party TX-500 amplifier: https://diy599.com/
- TX-500 upcoming battery pack: https://pileupdx.com/product/tx-500-battery-pack/
- Julian OH8STN’s website and YouTube channel: http://oh8stn.org/
- Elecraft KX2 pricing and availability
- TX-500 pricing and availability via Ham Radio Outlet and Pileup DX (EU)
Feel free to comment if you have any specific questions and I’ll do my best to address them!