Many thanks to Jeff (N1KDO) who shares the following article about his portable field radio kit which will be featured on our Field Kit Gallery page. If you would like to share your field kit with the QRPer community, read this post. Jeff writes:
N1KDO KX3 Field Kit
I like to take my KX3 with me on occasional travel adventures.
The complete field kit (click image to enlarge).
What’s in the kit? Well, that depends, but it is usually this stuff…
Clockwise from top center:
- MOLLE Water bottle pack that fits the KX3/SideKX almost perfectly.
- Multi-band EFHW antenna (more info below)
- Finger-reel of string
- Bungee-Ball Tie-Downs
- KX3 Microphone
- SOTA Beams 10-meter Travel Mast
- KX3 Paddle
- The Fred Cady KX3 book. I also have a smartphone app that is the KX3 doc.
- And, in the middle, the Elecraft KX3. Mine has the “Side-KX” accessory end panels and plastic cover.
Readers: Check out Jeff’s webpage for more detail about components in his field kits!