Many thanks to Luca (IW2EPE) who shares the following article about his portable field radio kit which will be featured on our Field Kit Gallery page. If you would like to share your field kit with the QRPer community, read this post.
My (tr)uSDX Field Radio Kit
My POTA kit is assembled around the (tr)uSDX radio. I am a hunter and I have only been a fox this last summer but with poor results. However, I would like to try again with this kit because I think it can do it.
The kit consists of:
- Radio (tr)uSDX cw ssb capable of working on 20/17/15/12/10 m. I only use the 20m with 3w of power.
- EFHW mini tuner antenna by QRPguys. This is a nice simple and efficient product.
- QRPguys dummy load.
3-cell 2200 maH lipo battery, type used in model aircraft.
- 5v power bank to test the connection in wspr.
- Sony headphones.
- Homemade condenser microphone.
- Homemade RF choke.
- Smarthpone with some apps like FT8CN and wspr.
- About 15m of 4mm nylon rope.
Lastly I also added the home-made DS1 antenna from QRPguys. This is my version and is not an original kit.