I mentioned that I’ve purchased an X6100 and it’s en route to me now. It was dispatched prior to this new firmware being made public.
It addresses a number of outstanding issues:
- Improved battery management
- Functional CW message memory keying (thanks for confirming, Scott!)
- Improved noise reduction functionality in CW mode
- CW decoding algorithm improvements
- Added hand mic button functionality
- Bluetooth connectivity improvements
- Many more…
I’m looking forward to this improved functionality–especially CW message keying and battery management.
Honestly, though, I don’t look forward to the time it’ll take to do four full charge/discharge cycles, although re-reading the notes perhaps this simply means to operate from the internal battery until fully dis-charged, then recharge and repeat three more times. It’ll make timing for re-charge awkward during field activations, so I might try to complete this at the QTH in advance.
APP : V1.1.2 Jan 17 2022,16:31:45
BASE : V1.1.2 Jan 17 2022,15:44:18
Note: This upgrade is important. Please read the following details carefully.
2022.01.17 Upgrade Log | CLICK HERE to download.
1. In-machine coulometer is enabled to manage battery cell. After the upgrade, the battery capacity, rather than battery voltage, measured by the coulometer is taken as management data. Precautions are as follows:
1.1) After upgrading firmware, please fully charge and discharge the battery for successive 4 times, after which the measurement of the coulometer will be accurate.
After just upgrading the firmware, the error of electric quantity displayed is large before the 4 charges and discharges as mentioned above, so it can be ignored. The charging process shall be kept continuous until the charging instruction indicates it has been completed, which is conducive to the accurate measurement of the capacity by the coulometer.
1.2) The status of the upgraded charging indicator light is as follows:
Normally on: charging completed
Off: once the charging option is disabled in the menu, the indicator light will not be off.
1.3) When the electric quantity is below 10% after the upgrade, the battery icon is displayed in red with an empty interior, and the device will automatically shut down.
1.4) Battery voltage is no longer taken as the basis of low power.
2. Parameter adjustment in GEN menu is changed to non-circulating, which can be switch by rotating the large knob to left or right.
3. DFL menu logic is fixed. Press other menus to exit after entering DFL menu.
4. Preset message transmission function is added (available for W, PS and RTTY).
5. CW decoding algorithm is adjusted.
6. Start screen is changed to LOGO+model.
7. Bluetooth device connection logic is optimized (there has been feedback about poor compatibility with Windows 10/11 64bit drivers).
8. The problem that label of axis X scanned by SWR does not upgrade is fixed.
9. The bandwidth of first group of filter of SSB is widened to 50-2950Hz(2.9k).
10. The problem of save failure after adjusting the filter is fixed.
11. Indicator string under AGC mode is simplified to AGC-A,AGC-F,AGC-S,AGC–.
12. Indicator string ‘FIL-X’ of current filter bank is added, which is below VFO frequency.
13. LSB-DIG and USB-DIG strings are simplified to L-DIG and U-DIG.
14. Hand microphone button function is enabled.
14.1) SPCH/LOCK: short press=lock/unlock larger impeller; long press=none
14.2) TUNER/CALL: short press=switch on/disconnect automatic antenna tuner; long press=enable automatic antenna tuner
14.3) XFC: short press=switch VFO A/B; long press=copy VFO from foreground to background
14.4) V/M: short press=switch VFO/MEMO mode; long press=none
14.5) MW: short press=save VFO to current channel number; long press=none
14.6) MODE: short press=LSB->L-DIG->USB->U-DIG->CW->CWR->AM->NFM circulation; long press=none
14.7) FIL: short press=FIL1->FIL2->FIL3 circulation; long press=none
14.8) UP: frequency+stepping position under VFO mode; next channel under channel mode
14.9) DOWN: frequency-stepping position under VFO mode; last channel under channel mode
14.10) F1/F2: allow setting custom functions in RADIO SETTING2
15. Standingwave meter fluctuation under no power and low power conditions is fixed.
16. Maximum output power under external power supply condition is improved.
17. System startup sequence is optimized.
18. NR algorithm is optimized.
19. System data structure is optimized.
20. Display screen backlight adjustment level is optimized. There are 5 levels available when using battery and 10 levels available when using external power supply.