Ham Radio Magazines now also available as a free download

Image source: VE3WGX

Just after we announced that 73 Magazine was available on archive.org as a free download, Ham Radio Magazine (1968-1990) is also now available. [Thanks to John AE5X (via QRP-L) and Eric WD8RIF for the tip!]

I cannot underscore the treasuretrove of information that you can mine out of these two publications. Both 73 and Ham Radio Mag have numerous articles related to home brewing, antenna design and low power operation.

What are you waiting for???  Christmas is here early! Go grab your copies of Ham Radio Magazine!

[UPDATE: It appears Ham Radio Magazine has been removed from Archive.org. Has anyone noticed if they’re still available somewhere online?  Please comment!]

Be sure to check a full index of article by topic at Bill VE3WGX’s website.

This entry was posted in Announcements, News and tagged , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

13 Responses to Ham Radio Magazines now also available as a free download

1. Pingback: Ham Radio Magazine en téléchargement | Blog F6KRK.org

2. Myron Calhoun says:

If HR (Ham Radio) Magazine is available, how come I can’t find a single issue?
    In particular, I’m looking for the article “Appreciating the L matching network”
    on pages 26-30 in the September, 1980, issue.

3. okto says:

Yeah, there’s an entry for it on archive.org but it doesn’t seem to contain anything. Any ideas?

4. dwd says:

lm m ,m ewmadcqekmasclknqsalnm

5. Scott says:

Can that “Ham Radio Magazine” link be repaired…??? It would be great to go thru those articles agn …. tnx wb0zlx :)

6. k4swl says:

Hi, Scott,

I have had no luck locating them on Archive.org. 73 Mag is still there, but not Ham Radio Mag. ANyone following this thread have a lead on a good link? I’m afraid they been removed.

72,
    Tom
    K4SWL

7. JD says:

I just checked and it seems that H.R.M. may have been removed. The most likely thought is for copyright reasons… Maybe so that the ARRL can sell it to you instead.
    They are the ones with control over HRM.

8. Jeff small says:

I have a bunch of these old HR Ham Radio Magazine. Looked on ebay to see if they was collectible and found nothing. If I can’t sell them I guess I’ll just toss them in the trash.

9. William Londree W6SDI says:

I had access at one time but NO MORE. I checked out ARRL and they have a 3 CD set of all back issues of Ham Radio Magazine for about $150.00. Perhaps that is why the Archive is no longer available. Bottom line: Pay Me! I loved that Magazine but all my old issues disappeared when we moved in 1984.

10. snowy howell says:

Hi looking for all the build articles relating to the WPO OMEGA transceiver in the 1983 H.R.T. magazine. has anybody got same in loft/attic please,cheers,snowy

11. Deirdre Hebert, AB1ST says:

Apparently, Ham Radio Magazine is owned by CQ – the complete set can be purchased, but it’s not in the public domain.

12. James says:

I downloaded ALL the 73 mags from the Internet Archive, but the Ham Radio mags had been removed before I discovered them. That suxs!

13. Michael says: