It appears that Elecraft is now accepting orders for the KX3 QRP tranceiver that we first mentioned on QRPer.com during the 2011 Dayton Hamvention. Order are expected to be shipped in February 2012.
The kit version of the KX3 will be priced at $899.95 US, while the factory assembled and tested version will sell for $999.95 US.
Here are full details from an email via Elecraft’s Wayne (N6KR) and Eric (WA6HHQ):
Some of the [KX3] options can be ordered now, while others (including the internal 2-m module and 100-W external amplifier/ATU), will be available later this year.
The basic KX3 includes:
- 10 watts output typical (13.8V) on 160-6 meters. (Up to 5W using internal batteries)
- All modes (SSB, CW, Data, FM, AM)
- Many features from the Elecraft K3, including the same full-size LCD
- Advanced DSP features, including PSK31 and RTTY text display, noise reduction, auto-notch
- Built-in 8-AA-cell battery holder
- USB serial cable for firmware upgrades and for use with logging/contesting software
Available options include:
- KXPD3 precision attached keyer paddle
- KXFL3 dual-bandwidth roofing filter module for SSB/CW/Data modes
- KXAT3 internal wide-range automatic antenna tuner
- KXBC3 internal NiMH battery charger
- MH3 hand mic with UP/DN VFO controls
- RS232 control cable (optional replacement for supplied USB cable)
In addition, a custom-designed KX3 dust cover is available (please contact ElecraftCovers@gmail.com ).
Delivery of both the basic KX3 and options subject to availability. As always, we invite suggestions for new features, improvements and accessories.
For more information ontheKX3, including pictures, specifications and videos, see our KX3 Page: http://www.elecraft.com/KX3/kx3.htm