If you live near Santa Clara, California you still have time to register for the 2011 QRPacificon, sponsored by the NorCal QRP Club. By registering you will be included in the Saturday evening drawing.
Friday night we will kick off the festivities with our no host banquet again hosted and arranged for us by James Bennett, KA5DVS. James will be our host and provide more details later. If you would like to join us plan to meet in the hotel lobby at 6:30 on Firday.
We will start presentations at 8:00 Saturday Morning and will have a great lineup of speakers. Presentations will run throughout the morning
8:15 Jim Duffey KK6MC
Jim’s talk will be on VHF and UHF antennas for QRP-Portable operation
9:30 Tony Parks, KB9YIG
Softrock SDR design and the RXTX Softrick transceiver
10:45 Rex Harper, W1REX
PIC or PICaxe? What IS the big whoop? Why should every ham ‘play’ with a PICaxe?
Saturday night will feature
- Annual QRP Auction, one item per seller up for auction to the highest bidder. Doug Hendricks, KI6DS will be the auctioneer, and we always have a lot of fun at this event.
- QRP 2011 Builders contest. If you have built a piece of QRP gear since last year’s pacificon, please bring it to enter in the show. Prizes will be awarded. Please bring a 3 x 5 card with information about your entry on it. Judging will start right after the auction.
- 2 buildathon projects: The SDR Receiver project for new SMD builders, and the PICaxe kit. Both designers will be available during the buildathon. If you plan to take part in either build project please plan to bring your own tools and equipment.
- QRP Vendors Many of our vendors will be setup to sell their goodies. If you are a QRP vendor, then take this time to setup – tables are free.
- NorCal QRP Hfpack Zombie Night “Hanging Eye Ball QSO’s” Here is another opportunity to meet with your fellow qrp’ers.
- Door prizes – We have an ever growing collection of donations for this year. In order to be in the drawing you must be registered. You can do this by going to the QRPAcificon Name Badge Page.
Registration is free. More more information about QRPacificon please visit www.norcalqrp.org
(Source: NorCal QRP Club)