Ham Radio Magazines now also available as a free download

Image source: VE3WGX

Just after we announced that 73 Magazine was available on archive.org as a free download, Ham Radio Magazine (1968-1990) is also now available. [Thanks to John AE5X (via QRP-L) and Eric WD8RIF for the tip!]

I cannot underscore the treasuretrove of information that you can mine out of these two publications. Both 73 and Ham Radio Mag have numerous articles related to home brewing, antenna design and low power operation.

What are you waiting for???  Christmas is here early! Go grab your copies of Ham Radio Magazine!

[UPDATE: It appears Ham Radio Magazine has been removed from Archive.org. Has anyone noticed if they’re still available somewhere online?  Please comment!]

Be sure to check a full index of article by topic at Bill VE3WGX’s website.

This entry was posted in Announcements, News and tagged , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

21 Responses to Ham Radio Magazines now also available as a free download

1. Pingback: Ham Radio Magazine en téléchargement | Blog F6KRK.org

2. Myron Calhoun says:

If HR (Ham Radio) Magazine is available, how come I can’t find a single issue?
    In particular, I’m looking for the article “Appreciating the L matching network”
    on pages 26-30 in the September, 1980, issue.

3. okto says:

Yeah, there’s an entry for it on archive.org but it doesn’t seem to contain anything. Any ideas?

4. dwd says:

lm m ,m ewmadcqekmasclknqsalnm

5. Scott says:

Can that “Ham Radio Magazine” link be repaired…??? It would be great to go thru those articles agn …. tnx wb0zlx 🙂

6. k4swl says:

Hi, Scott,

I have had no luck locating them on Archive.org. 73 Mag is still there, but not Ham Radio Mag. ANyone following this thread have a lead on a good link? I’m afraid they been removed.

72,
    Tom
    K4SWL

7. JD says:

I just checked and it seems that H.R.M. may have been removed. The most likely thought is for copyright reasons… Maybe so that the ARRL can sell it to you instead.
    They are the ones with control over HRM.

8. Jeff small says:

I have a bunch of these old HR Ham Radio Magazine. Looked on ebay to see if they was collectible and found nothing. If I can’t sell them I guess I’ll just toss them in the trash.

9. William Londree W6SDI says:

I had access at one time but NO MORE. I checked out ARRL and they have a 3 CD set of all back issues of Ham Radio Magazine for about $150.00. Perhaps that is why the Archive is no longer available. Bottom line: Pay Me! I loved that Magazine but all my old issues disappeared when we moved in 1984.

10. snowy howell says:

Hi looking for all the build articles relating to the WPO OMEGA transceiver in the 1983 H.R.T. magazine. has anybody got same in loft/attic please,cheers,snowy

11. Deirdre Hebert, AB1ST says:

Apparently, Ham Radio Magazine is owned by CQ – the complete set can be purchased, but it’s not in the public domain.

12. James says:

I downloaded ALL the 73 mags from the Internet Archive, but the Ham Radio mags had been removed before I discovered them. That suxs!

13. Michael says:

Demonoid

14. Steve says:

I notice there are some folks who lost out on the 1968-1990 Magazine downloads. I dug back down and found them in some local Ham Radio archives directory (not on the net) … give me a heads up if there is still interest…”

The goal here is to reach out to someone in your club maybe get a DVD out to someone for $10 to cover shipping. Then it can be shared…

I don’t want to take a chance uploading this somewhere or crossing any lines I shouldn’t be… BUT I’d be happy to put this on a DVD for sharing – no harm there for club purposes…

Respectfully,
    Steve

15. Steve says:

Inquiries for the newly located HRM archive can be made to:
    xcutionerz_AT_netzero.net
    -Thanks

16. Myron A. Calhoun says:

I’d easily pay $10-20 for a DVD with all (most?) of the Ham Radio magazines on it. I may have been a “charter” subscriber, but gave them all away in a down-sizing effort several years ago, and I’d love to have them available again.

17. My DVD from Steve arrived a few days ago, and it seems to be
    complete from the March-1968 through the June-1990 issues. Definitely a good bargain, whether you just like to read old radio magazines or if you are really “into” DIY HAM construction projects.

18. VAHID ZAREI says:

HELLO STEVE,
    I LIVE IN IRAN AND I WANT TO HAVE THAT DVD OF HRM.
    IS THIS :
    xcutionerz_AT_netzero.net
    A WEB ADDRESS?
    HOW CAN I GET THAT DVD?
    SINCERELY YOURS,
    V. ZAREI

19. STeve says:

VAHID ZAREI,
    xcutionerz_AT_netzero.net is a email address to contact me.
    Replace AT with @ … and remove the _ _ (under scores).

VAHID – do you have relatives or friends living in the USA?
    It may be best to work your request through them to us.
    Possibly they would know better ways to get this overseas for you.

We have had success sending to major hub in London, but loose track after that.
    Thanks,
    STeve

20. vahid zarei says:

Dear Sir,
    I want to have a dvd of full H.R.M.
    As you kindly wrote me about that ,
    I want that to be sent to a city in Canada.
    Just tell me how much money I should send you.
    Best Regards.
    V.Zarei

21. STeve says:

vahid,
    Please contact me at the following email address, xcutionerz@netzero.net
    This board/forum is not for personal discussions. There you can send your Canadian mailing address.
    STeve