Today at the 2011 Ten-Tec Hamfest, Ten-Tec announced two new products in development: the Model 539 QRP transceiver and the companion Model 418 100 Watt amplifier.
Being a QRPer, I typically have no use for amplifiers, but this one, I must admit, will make for a perfect in-the-field companion to the (future) Model 539 or any QRP transceiver.
The Model 418 can sense the incoming RF and will automatically switch bands accordingly.
Best of all, though, is that the standby current will be as low as 150mA!
Ten-Tec Model 418 Features:
- 100 Watts
- All HF Bands + 6 Meters
- MOSFET Amplifier
- Standby current as low as 150mA
- DC input voltage 10V – 16V
- Selectable input attenuation, Delay
- 2 selectable antenna connections
- Dedicated 6M antenna connection
- Band switching
- Manual OR Auto – RF Sensed
- Seamless connection to PC
- Seamless connection to Ten-Tec Model 539 QRP Transceiver